Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shit, it has almost been ten days since I last posted!

I've been writing, though, I swear! I wrote a piece of flash fiction that I want to submit to the Story Week Reader, so I'm not so sure I want to post it here. Although there are a few short shorts that are already on this blog that I may submit as well, like the "Changes" story. Those of you that aren't reading, give me some feedback! I will post the first paragraph of this new story that I wrote.

She had eaten nothing all day. Flashes of light from neon signs pushed themselves into her consciousness, their bright pinks, greens, and reds demanding, “pay attention to me!” She wondered if they were hot to the touch, and was disappointed when she stretched up both arms and found the lights too high to reach. She figured that the burn of the glass on her hands would distract her from the ache in her stomach. She looked up at the sign, slowly reading the words that advertised food and warmth inside.

But she couldn't eat. Not just yet.

She was starving the baby out. A hunger strike against her own flesh and blood.

I kinda like the story as a whole. I wrote most of it on the train on the way home, it was awesome. I just got an idea and wrote it all out. If you wanna read the whole thing you can tell me or something.

Okay, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment