Thursday, January 21, 2010

Talkin' about Megan Baker

www.mbakerphotography.com
So, I know this girl. She's pretty good at photography, if I do say so myself. Maybe I don't know much about photography, but I can talk about what I feel when I look at her photographs.

Her live shots of musical artists show their love for what they do, their intense happiness and passion on-stage. While backstage, her portraits express the artists' dedication to their music. Admittedly, I have been with her on some of these photo-shoots. While trying to make myself as small as possible backstage, I watch as she flits around the room, capturing the excitement of these musicians at the coming show, or the satisfaction they feel after a job well done. Megan loves what she does as well, and talks about it often. She loves being involved in the lives of these musicians.

Know what else she loves? Road trips. Since she now knows someone (other than her mom) who can drive (that being me), we talk about going on a road trip someday. Probably to New Orleans. Hopefully it will be a food-oriented road trip, because I enjoy food a lot.

On previous road trips, she has done some photo-series, one called Little Boxes and one called Decampment. They are mostly pictures of broken-down houses and other structures. They have an almost eerie, dream-like quality to them. Anyway, you should check it out. I can't say I'm exactly an art critic, but I've said my piece. Now go to her website! www.mbakerphotography.com

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete